The 2018-19 Reading Joggers Club Championship is now underway.
Please follow the link to see the current standings - https://tinyurl.com/RJ-Champs-2018-19
The rules/format of the Championship, and list of races are as follows:
- To qualify you need to run at least one race at each distance (5 Miles, 10k, 10Miles, Half Marathon).
- If you run more than one race at the same distance i.e. Two 10ks the race with the highest points will
count towards your championship score.
- You’re competing against members in your own age category.
- Men: Senior (under 40), M40-49, M50-59, M60-69, M70+
- Ladies: Senior (under 35), F35-44, F45-54, F55-64, F65+
- Your Championship age category is determined by your age on 1st April (start of club championship).
- Within each age category, the fastest finisher scores 50 points, the next fastest 49 points, and so on.
- For your race result to qualify for the Championship you must run in Club Vest/T-shirt.
- Times will be based on individual chip times rather than gun times, where provided.
- 5 miles - Marlow 5 (13th May), Bracknell Forest 5 (20th June), Summer Handicap (16th August)
- 10k - Green Park (20th May), Thames 10k Beale Park (5th July), Woodcote (January - date TBC)
- 10 miles - Tadley (14th October), Gutbuster (30th December), Maidenhead Easter 10 (19th April)
- Half marathon - Maidenhead (2nd September), Wokingham (24th February), Reading (March - date TBC)